Sector | IT
Vacancy Type | Software Delivery
Job Type | Permanent / Full-time
Location | Permanent / Full-time
Software Delivery Manager
Salary: Per Annum
Our client is in a period of expansion and is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join their talented and driven team. Working 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday, you will enjoy a wide range of employee benefits, joining a great team in fantastic offices (however homeworking may be initially required due to Covid), with a competitive salary.
You will manage Software developers in the production of High Quality software in the insurance market. You will work closely with product stakeholders and project teams with a focus on Agile and Lean practices, and Delivery support.
To Act as a Development management representative on Team based projects, ensuring correct process is being followed throughout the SDLC.
To guide the team to evaluate software requirements to create quality estimates, design and code, ensuing appropriate parties are consulted.
To ensure the quality of work produced by the team, implanting quality metrics where required.
To hold team members accountable to provide detailed status of each active project, including overall product quality, progress and status against milestones.
To empower team members to improve collaboration within the immediate and wider IT team with a focus on improving quality through all stages of the development life cycle.
To drive software delivery best practices and process improvements throughout the department.
To communicate clearly and collaborate effectively and transparently within IT and with other departments to accomplish department/company goals.
To focus on deadlines and deliverables, allocating resource efficiently.
Help and guide others to grow and develop their careers.
Escalate challenges to Head of Software Delivery with suggestions on improvement.
Ensure Adequate meaningful metrics in place for staff and are monitored on an ongoing basis.
- Extensive experience in leadership working with large, complex, integrated systems.
- Effective planning and organisational skills with the ability to adapt to change and perform effectively under pressure, with a strong project management foundation.
- Experience in overseeing the implementation of new tools/frameworks, embracing a rapidly changing environment and anticipate future changes.
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels providing information in a non-technical way as required.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience in overseeing the development and testing of entire systems, with capability to understand details of the technology.
- Successfully track record as a leader, building and managing teams of professionals.
- Commit to excellence and high standards.
- Effective estimation, planning and organisational skills with the ability to adapt to change and perform effectively under pressure.
- Ability to support the training of development of other members of the team.
- To be able to work independently.
Preferred Experience / Skills.
- Industry recognised management/Leadership qualifications.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Can challenge constructively.
- Commercial management experience.
- Experience/good understanding of working with data on migration projects.
If you feel you have the skills and experience for this role and are interested, please forward a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you haven’t heard from us within 1 week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.