Sector | Driving
Vacancy Type | Full time
Job Type | Permanent
Location | Wirral
Service Operative & Driver
Salary: £10.50 rising to £10.90 after probation passed
What’s in it for you!
• 40 hour week, 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Half hour lunch and two 15-minute breaks, one morning and one afternoon (very occasional night out if required)
• Wage: £10.50 per hour rising to £10.90 after probation passed
• Holiday: 21 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Parking: free onsite parking as well as good public transport links.
Why we’d work there!
• Great Team
• Caring, supportive employer
• Overtime available
What you’ll do
1. To support the Management Team in the operational efficiency of the department to ensure smooth running of all departments.
2. Assist with the organisation/planning of daily/weekly/monthly service activities relating to medical service contracts and call outs, making best use of available personnel and assets.
3. Regular collection of work orders from the office to ensure orders are picked, packed, and shipped same day for stock items.
4. Ensure completed work orders are returned to admin for shipment paperwork to be processed in plenty of time before the carrier arrives.
5. Where feasible, ensure stock is booked in on the day it arrives, and that care is taken when noting down LOT numbers and expiry dates for both booking stock in and packing it to be shipped out. The principles of First Expiry First Out should be followed at all times in accordance with GDP guidelines.
6. At the beginning of each month, assist with the review of cylinder and drug expiries and prioritise the workload. Details of required stock should be passed to the office by the end of the first week of the month to ensure purchase orders are received and picking and packing of orders can start as early as possible.
7. To assist with the monthly Drug stock take/audit as close to the last working day of the month as possible.
8. Organise and carry out Medical Department stock take every quarter.
9. Ensure all activities are in accordance with MHRA, GDP regulations and clarify any issues with the RP.
10. Cover for Service Engineers/Drivers when workload is high, or member of staff is unavailable. Duties for which include the following:
• Plan own routes from job sheets/orders in the most efficient and effective way to reduce travel time.
• Ensure that sufficient stock is on board the van to complete the jobs required
• Book own hotels if required in the best possible location to optimise amount of work undertaken.
• Ensure van is clean and tidy and vehicle inspection sheets are completed every Monday morning
• Report any faults or damage to vehicles immediately to the Head of Supply & Service.
• Follow GDP guidelines at all times and ensure that all GDP paperwork is compliant and up to date. Mandatory annual course to be attended.
• Attend Training Courses when required
• Ensure all paperwork is complete, legible and is handed in at the end of each shift.
11. To constantly strive to improve your department by identifying and implementing process and system improvements.
12. Ensure all paperwork/projects are complete or the relevant information passed to a colleague before any time off to ensure nothing is left outstanding.
13. To ensure that Health and Safety, ISO and MHRA/GDP requirements are met within the function and report any variances to Coordinator for Health and Safety and ISO and the RP where necessary
– Organised and efficient
– Excellent Computer Skills
– Excellent Communication Skills
– Team Worker
– Knowledge of the country and the best travel routes to take to ensure trips are carried out in the most efficient way
– Full, clean driving licence
How to apply!
Email your CV to email@example.com
Not for me, for a friend!
If you refer a friend, once they complete their first 8 weeks of work, contact us for a £75 Amazon Vouchers.