Sector | Insurance
Vacancy Type | Claims Handler
Job Type | Contract / Full-time
Location | Wirral
First Response Claims Handler
Salary: Per Annum
A new role has arisen with our highly successful, established and expanding client. With an extensive employee benefits list- making this business a great “employer of choice”!! Our client is seeking a First Response Claims Handler to join their team. Working hours 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday. Home working may be required initially due to Covid19, however when office working implemented all safety precautions will be in place.
To support the First Response Unit Team Leader and the department claims function by processing new and existing claims in line with team guidelines. Providing training and mentoring to the team under the guidance and direction of the Team Leader. Provide and support comprehensive, professional customer focused administration service within Claims dealing with Claim enquiries and all Customer contact, operating within FCA and TCF Principles.
- To deal with initial Claim enquiries via telephone, email and written correspondence, ensuring they are logged on the Claims BIS system within asset SLA.
- Management of own case load ensuring tasks are completed within SLA.
- To triage new claim forms received and liaise with customers until the full background is obtained for review by a claims handler; identifying which route a claim should take.
- Preparation of declinatures, written or verbal, documenting decisions on newly created records.
- Management of the claims inbox setting tasks for claims handlers and identifying complaints.
- To control invoices received, logged on a spreadsheet to eliminate the risk of duplicate payments and follow process for assignment of invoices.
- Ensure GDPR processes are adhered to including cyber fraud for claims payments.
- To assist with all other duties of the First Response Unit.
- To field customer telephone calls where required for the claims team and complete claim tasks when required.
- Mentoring junior members in-line with claims and FRU processes.
- Working knowledge of FCA Regulations and experience of insurance principles.
- Proven experience of understanding and the importance of providing excellent customer service
- A general understanding of the insurance market and related products
- An understanding of latent defects principles would be desirable
- Ability to deal professionally with clients/management/staff at all levels
- To be self-motivated and develop ability to motivate others
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Good IT skills, including Windows Office Suite, and knowledge of databases
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to work under pressure to a high standard
- To possess a positive can do attitude
- Ability to work to and maintain service levels